WHY SHOULD I BUY ADMISSION ONLINE?
Help keep volunteers safe and traffic flowing by purchasing your admission online. Your paid attendance, in the authorized viewing area, allows an airshow of this magnitude possible and will help support the local volunteer activities of area service clubs that have struggled to do their valuable community work throughout the pandemic.
CAN I PAY AT THE GATE?
Volunteer organizers have been able to implement a last-minute plan for gate admission.
Online is best, but a GATE ADMISSION CASH ONLY line (limited capacity) will be available for the Premium Admission section only – $60 CASH ONLY.
For VIP and General Admission, please purchase online.
WHAT ABOUT THE WEATHER/SMOKE?
Rural Albertans know that weather is variable – especially out in an agriculture hub like Camrose! The Canadian Forces and Airshow Organizers actively monitor weather and smoke conditions in the area throughout the weekend. Decisions on flying operations will be made closer to showtime, as the performers have a number of performance options for a wide range of conditions. We will keep ticket holders informed of any significant changes.
HOW LONG IS THE SHOW
12:30 pm – Gates open
1:30 pm – Showtime
2:00 pm – Flying begins
3:30 pm – Event ends (approximate)
*All events and appearances are subject to modification, weather, aircraft serviceability and may change without notice.
ALBERTA HAS RELAXED COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, WHY IS THIS A DRIVE-IN/TAILGATE STYLE?
• Organizing an Airshow takes time and commitment of many individuals. While navigating much uncertainty, organizers had to adhere to Alberta Health protocols, Canadian Forces protocols and build a scaleable plan accordingly. The ongoing dynamics as we reach the tail end of the global pandemic meant committing to a tailgate style Airshow was best suited to these challenges. We’re grateful to have the opportunity to bring this show to our community – one of the only Airshows in Canada this year!
• Gates will open at 12:30 pm each day.
• Please consider the volume of fellow spectators accessing the Airshow and allow yourself enough time to arrive.
• *Please note: Showtimes are approximate and subject to change without notice.
WHERE IS THE CAMROSE DRIVE-IN AIRSHOW?
• The Drive-In Spectator Area is off Exhibition Drive in Camrose, east of the Best Western Plus Camrose Resort Casino, in the east Big Valley Jamboree Campground.
HOW DO CAMROSE DRIVE IN AIRSHOW TICKETS WORK?
• Each vehicle will have an individual approximate 20’ x 20’ space to park in and watch the Airshow from outside their vehicle.
• Attendees should remain in their 20’ x 20’ space, except to use the washrooms.
• There will be no static display aircraft, food trucks or ground attractions. Bring your own #jetsnacks.
• Online ticket sales are encouraged in an effort to follow best practices for the health and safety for our volunteers and patrons as we emerge from the pandemic.
• Tickets are accepted in print or electronic format for scanning
• Capacity is limited, so purchase early!
• Volunteer organizers have been able to implement a last-minute plan for GATE ADMISSION to the Premium Admission section only – $60 CASH ONLY.
• For VIP and General Admission, please purchase online.
WHAT ADMISSION LEVELS ARE AVAILABLE?
• Camrose Drive-in Airshow features 3 zones:
VIP ROWS (RED ZONE): Rows are closest to the show line, boasting excellent views with little to no obstruction. These tickets also include access to the VIP event entrance with easy accessible vehicle entrance/exit.
PREMIUM ROW (YELLOW ZONE): This offers up close viewing with light to moderate obstructions. Easy to moderate entrance/exit access.
GENERAL ROWS (GREEN ZONE): This offers good viewing with moderate to partial obstructions. Has a shared vehicle access with Premium rows.
All tickets are “Carload” passes: valid for 1 vehicle and its passengers wearing seatbelts. Safety first!
• Motorcycles are permitted – up to 3 per spot (maximum 6 people). All motorcycles sharing a ticket must arrive together.
• No oversize vehicles are permitted, no RVs, trailers, buses or mini-buses.
• All Camrose Drive-In Airshow ticket purchases are final sales, with no refunds or exchanges
WILL THERE BE AUDIO/COMMENTARY?
HOW DO PARKING SITES WORK?
• Each vehicle will be directed to park in their own individual approximately 20’ x 20’ space.
• Guests may enjoy the show from inside (not on top of) their vehicles or sit on lawn chairs/blankets beside their vehicle safely distanced from others.
• Portable washrooms are located in each zone and are all gender neutral.
• You will be directed to a designated spot within your zone upon arrival. There are no reserved spots and arriving early does not guarantee a premium or preferred spot.
• Sites are located on hard-packed grass.
• Vehicles will be parked in order of arrival.
WILL THERE BE WASHROOMS?
• Portable washrooms and hand sanitizer will be available. All washrooms are gender neutral.
• Washrooms will be aligned with each zone and attendees are encouraged to use the washroom in their own zone.
WHAT ABOUT FOOD & DRINKS?
• There will be NO onsite food vendors. As our community emerges from the global pandemic, support a local Camrose business by picking up some takeout on your way to enjoy during the show or pack your own picnic. #jetsnacks
• Cooking equipment such as Grills and BBQ’s, regardless of size are NOT permitted.
• Glass is prohibited due to safety concerns.
• Alcohol is strictly prohibited. Anyone found in possession of alcohol or arriving intoxicated persons will not be allowed to enter the event or will be escorted from the event without a refund.
• Please take all garbage, recycling and food waste with you when you leave the event. You pack it in, please pack it out.
HOW DO I GET TO THE EVENT?
• Ticketholders will be sent specific driving directions to the event. It is important that attendees follow the event driving directions as each parking zone has a specific event entry gate.
• Attendees who arrive at the wrong entry gate will be denied entry and instructed to follow the driving directions to their correct gate.
• Do NOT follow vehicle GPS directions to the event addresses found online.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
• Portable chairs and blankets to sit on beside your vehicle.
• Food and NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages (no BBQs, no glass containers).
• Portable radios to stream the show’s FM broadcast (recommended to avoid draining vehicle batteries; no idling will be permitted).
• Low-level sun-shelters for children or small umbrellas are permitted as long as they are anchored and do not create a visual obstruction for others.
• Water bottle
• Sunscreen, bug spray, hat and sunglasses
• Earplugs – JETS ARE LOUD! Parents, please ensure your children have hearing protection.
WILL THERE BE A STATIC DISPLAY?
No, there will not be a static display.
CAN I CAMP AT THE AIRSHOW?
• No, camping is prohibited at the show site.
• No oversize vehicles are permitted, no RVs, trailers, buses or mini-buses.
• Check out Exhibition Trail RV Park – where there’s also a great view of the show.
IS THE AIRSHOW ACCESSIBLE FOR PERSONS WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES?
• Guests requiring additional assistance should arrive early and advise our volunteers on arrival. They will help to ensure an enjoyable experience.
WHAT ABOUT BAD WEATHER?
• Airshows are subject to many factors including weather, aircraft serviceability and emergency response.
• Some performances may be modified or canceled for safety reasons related to inclement weather or other factors. Airshow tickets are not refundable based on some acts being modified or cancelled.
• In cases of event cancellation, instructions to ticket holders will be communicated.
PROHIBITED ITEMS: WHAT CAN’T I BRING?
Please read and be mindful of the rules stated below. By following these, fellow airshow spectators, volunteers and Canadian Armed Forces members can thoroughly enjoy the show.
• All attendees, vehicles and possessions are subject to search upon entry to the event. The Airshow reserves the right to deny admission or eject without refund any attendee found in possession of restricted items or disobeying event restrictions.
• No Alcohol allowed. Intoxicated individuals will be denied entry or will be escorted from the event without a refund.
• No Weapons of any kind are allowed.
• No Drones, RC aircraft or other flying devices are allowed and are prohibited by law. Violators could be subject to fines and/or jail time.
• No Smoking/Vaping (including cannabis) anywhere on the property.
• No BBQs or cooking equipment of any kind.
• No Fires or flames of any kind (including propane fire bowls).
• No Pets, except service animals. Jets can be very scary to pets.
• No Bicycles are allowed.
• Tents and umbrellas must not obstruct the view of other patrons. Please consider your fellow spectators.
• Attendees who move outside of their designated 20 x 20 (other than for the washrooms) may be evicted from the event.
• Only vehicles will be permitted into the event.
• No walk-ins or bicycles are permitted.
• There is zero tolerance for verbal abuse towards volunteers and crew members. Individuals who display this behaviour will be escorted off the property with no refunds.