History

IMGP8164In
 1957, the Camrose Chamber of Commerce, through their newly created Camrose Flying Society, created a turf strip northwest of Camrose. In 1962, due to increased demand, and zoning problems, the airport was relocated to its current site, northeast of Camrose. In 1970, when the City of Camrose took over responsibility for operations, numerous airfield upgrades took place. The City still maintains the airport today.

Today, the Camrose Flying Club is a passionate group of enthusiasts dedicated to promoting aviation in and around Camrose, Alberta, Canada and Camrose Municipal Airport.

CAMROSE FLYING CLUB/COPA FLIGHT #137
Box 1584, Camrose, Alberta T4V 1X4

Past Presidents
1958 RW Rod Burgar
1959 SG Stu Bailey
1960 WB Bill Harberg
1961 RW Ray Sanders
1962 K Ken Glatiotis
1963 AL Arnold Hoveland
1964 ED Ed Rudyk
1965 GTF Gordon Giles
1966 WB Bill Wilson
1967 RA Roy Mackwood
1968 VT Vic Butler
1969 DC Don Heie
1970 SG Stu Bailey
1971 WF Bill Fowler
1972 HM Howard Beebe
1973 AL Al Labelle
1974 TR Theo Thirsk
1975 SE Steve Shuman
1976 LN Larry Campbell
1977 J Minnice (through 1978)
1979 DD Dwight Myers
1980 DF Dwayne Kinnaird
1981 Jun Mah (through 1982)
1983 Robert Lee
1984 Tilley Watterodt
1985 Jerry Nesvold (through 1991)
1992 Robert Lee (through 2004)

Current President
2005 Barry Graham (to present)

Advertisements