The Jim Prost Young Aviator Flying Training Scholarship was created to honour the memory of Jim Prost, an enthusiastic local aviator and tireless volunteer for the various activities of the club and its members.
Camrose Flying Club / COPA Flight 137 is now accepting applications for the Jim Prost Young Aviator Flying Training Scholarship.
The amount of the scholarship may vary annually, but will have a minimum value of $2,000. It will be awarded to a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated a keen interest in aviation generally or as a career.
To qualify for the scholarship, a candidate must be a resident of Alberta, with preference firstly to candidates residing in an area local to the Camrose Flying Club/COPA Flight 137, and secondly to candidates residing in the Battle River region.
To initiate consideration by the selection committee, applicants are required to write a letter or essay about themselves. It is suggested that, as a minimum, submissions include:
1. Your full name, age and contact information.
2. Academic status.
3. Why you want to learn to fly, including your career thoughts, if any.
4. Details regarding things you have done in the past to fuel your interest in aviation.
5. Community service or involvement.
6. Any other information that you feel would support your application.
7. In addition to your letter of application, you will need to include references from two people who have worked with you and can attest to your suitability for the award. These people should be unrelated adults who are teachers, group leaders or the like. They must fully identify how they know you and provide their contact information should the committee wish to obtain additional comment.
Applications, references and any support material may be emailed to email@example.com to arrive no later than April 30, 2022.